> Discuss Your Legal Issue > Ask a Lawyer > Taxation > Can an employer reimburse an employee for chartiable donations in NJ?

Can an employer reimburse an employee for chartiable donations in NJ?

1 Answers. Asked on Mar 28th, 2016 on Taxation - New Jersey
More details to this question:
If my company asks me to join a non-profit board, and I am expected to make a personal charitable contribution to that non-profit, can my employer reimburse me for that contribution in NJ?
Tagged as:
Answers Showing 1 out of 1
Answered on Mar 31st, 2016 at 5:45 PM

Yes. You can be reimbursed by your company but then they get the charitable deduction and you cannot take credit for this deduction on your taxes. Ed Dimon

Report Abuse
When should you hire taxation lawyers? Tax attorneys can assist individuals and businesses in a number of situations. Start-up businesses should talk to a tax lawyer to understand the tax implication of various business structures. Companies should also seek legal counsel on issues related to payroll taxes, sales taxes, use taxes and international tax issues. Individuals and couples can benefit from a tax lawyer's advice when engaged in estate planning, if you may have committed tax fraud, or if you're facing an Internal Revenue Service (IRS) or state tax audit.
Have an Taxation Question?
It’s Free & Easy.
Ask a Lawyer
Top Contributing Lawyers
Mark Tischhauser, Esq.

Attorney - Florida

328 Answers, 20 Legal Topics

Patrick Johnson

Attorney - Tennessee

242 Answers, 45 Legal Topics

Michael D. Siegel

Attorney - New York

163 Answers, 24 Legal Topics

Michael E. Fiffik

Attorney - Pennsylvania

107 Answers, 19 Legal Topics

Lori Nevias

Attorney - New York

83 Answers, 37 Legal Topics

Edward J. Dimon

Attorney - New Jersey

80 Answers, 19 Legal Topics

Bruce Robins

Attorney - New York

77 Answers, 8 Legal Topics

Taxation Local Law Firms  
In United States change location
Please select state Update
Long Tuminello, LLP

Bay Shore, NY

| Contact Now

LeViness, Tolzman & Hamilton, P.A.

Baltimore, MD

| Contact Now

Wilton W. Cogswell, III Attorney at Law

Colorado Springs, CO

| Contact Now

Do It Yourself Legal Forms

Popular Forums