Every January the ads for tax preparation services start appearing. That can only mean one thing: Income Tax time. By January 31, you should have all of the forms necessary to complete your taxes, W2's, 1099's and more. Then, it's up you to determine what your income is, deductions - itemized or standard, and how to make the figure in capital gains or estate taxes you've had over the year. Get a handle on your personal tax planning needs here.
- Don't get caught using Tax Avoidance Schemes to reduce your taxes. The penalties can be high.
- What are Tax Credits and how do they reduce you income?
- Marriage and Filing Your Tax Returns: What you need to know.
- When you're going through a divorce, How Should You File?
- Tax Counseling for the Elderly is important, too.
- How to Estimate Taxes for Individual Taxpayers.
- What is the Alternative Minimum Tax, and can it help you?
- You have Options When You Can't Pay Your Taxes.
More Divorce and Taxes and Taxes information here.
- Do you know if you're an Employee or Independent Contractor? It could make a difference in your taxes.
- Check here if you took an Advance on your Paycheck and how to account for it on your taxes.
- What do employers need to know about their Liability for Unreported Tips.
- How do you know what your liability for Social Security and Tier 1 Railroad Benefits taxation guidelines are?
- Who can be called a "Qualifying Child" for tax purposes?
- Is it possible for a Relative to Qualify as a dependent?
- Here are some Strategies to Minimize the Kiddie Tax.
- What do Captial Gains Losses mean for your taxes?
- Are there any Limits on Capital Gains Losses that you can file?
- How to classify Capital Gains Losses and Carryover for the Individual Investor.
- Is there a tax liability on Tax-Sheltered Annuities?
- Information about Traditional and Roth IRA Accounts.
- Auto Accident Deductible Losses
- Property Used for Medical Care
- Educational Expenses and Lifetime Credits
- Qualified Transportation Fringe Benefits
- Medical Travel and Transportation
- Donating to Charity the Right Way
- Deducting Charitable Contributions
- Determining the Value of Donated Property
- Interest Paid on Loans
- Deducting Expenses under the Accrual Method
- How to Claim the Disability Tax Credit
- Tax Deductions for Gambling and Wagering Losses
- Bankruptcy and Tax Consequences: What you should know before filing.
- Tax Filing for Individuals in Chapter 11
- Tax Planning Strategies for Filing Chapter 11
- Chapter 13 Bankruptcy Tax Tool
- What are the Tax Consequences of Home Foreclosure in bankruptcy cases?
- Get the basics about Divorce and Taxes
- Tax Matters for Alimony and Maintenance - Part 1
- Tax Matters for Alimony and Maintenance - Part 2
- What you need to know about Tax for Innocent Spouses and Community Property.
Trusts and Estates
- Your tax planning may include Estate Taxes this year.
- Learn how to plan for Retirement and Minimizing Taxes.
- If a disaster strikes, you may get some Tax Relief.