> Discuss Your Legal Issue > Ask a Lawyer > Taxation > I have a two person corporation. NJ says we missed a WR-30 payment from 1998. A judgement was made in 2003. We never received any info. Help

I have a two person corporation. NJ says we missed a WR-30 payment from 1998. A judgement was made in 2003. We never received any info. Help

1 Answers. Asked on Oct 11th, 2017 on Taxation - New Jersey
More details to this question:
First thought the notice was fake but verified that it was from the Dept of Labor. This was for a (supposedly) missed WR-30 payment from 2nd quarter 1998. My tax returns only go back to 2000...different accountant, different bank. There was a judgement in 2003 or 2004 and a charge of $75 for court costs and the state claims we were sent a certified letter. It was never returned so they assume we received it. I never did nor have I had any notification of this until now. The amount missed was $877.76. To date the total with the interest is "With regard to your recent inquiry for a payoff figure on this judgment, please note that a remittance in the amount of $3,880.36 will be sufficient to liquidate the covered liability, subject to a final audit by our cashier’s office. This figure includes court costs and sheriff fees due in order to satisfy the judgment." Suggestions? Help?
Tagged as:
Answers Showing 1 out of 1
Answered on Oct 12th, 2017 at 8:45 AM

To save on legal fees, pursue your remedy with the State and go as far as you can so that you have the complete tax records and their 'story'. If you cannot resolve, you can call us and we can help you. We have a tax attorney who is a CPA. Ed Dimon, Esq. 732-797-1600

Report Abuse
When should you hire taxation lawyers? Tax attorneys can assist individuals and businesses in a number of situations. Start-up businesses should talk to a tax lawyer to understand the tax implication of various business structures. Companies should also seek legal counsel on issues related to payroll taxes, sales taxes, use taxes and international tax issues. Individuals and couples can benefit from a tax lawyer's advice when engaged in estate planning, if you may have committed tax fraud, or if you're facing an Internal Revenue Service (IRS) or state tax audit.
Have an Taxation Question?
It’s Free & Easy.
Ask a Lawyer
Top Contributing Lawyers
Mark Tischhauser, Esq.

Attorney - Florida

336 Answers, 19 Legal Topics

Patrick Johnson

Attorney - Tennessee

240 Answers, 46 Legal Topics

Michael D. Siegel

Attorney - New York

174 Answers, 26 Legal Topics

Bruce Robins

Attorney - New York

99 Answers, 9 Legal Topics

Anthony John Van Zwaren, Esq.

Attorney - New Jersey

93 Answers, 18 Legal Topics

Mr. Max L. Rosenberg

Attorney - Connecticut

88 Answers, 34 Legal Topics

Lori Nevias

Attorney - New York

69 Answers, 26 Legal Topics

Have a legal question?
Get answers from local attorneys.
It's free and easy.
Ask a Lawyer
Do It Yourself Legal Forms

Popular Forums