> Discuss Your Legal Issue > Ask a Lawyer > Taxation > If I obtain my new property a second home in November or December do I have to pay taxes for those months

If I obtain my new property a second home in November or December do I have to pay taxes for those months

1 Answers. Asked on Oct 09th, 2017 on Taxation - New Jersey
More details to this question:
Also how soon can I appeal the high taxes for this property?
Tagged as:
Answers Showing 1 out of 1
Answered on Oct 09th, 2017 at 11:20 AM

You owe taxes from the date you take title to the property. You can appeal the assessmenrt of the property based upon the date sert by the municipality for appealing. This date is normally october 1. We did 622 tax appeal last year. We do these on a contingency fee basis. You do not pay unless we are successful. Please call to discuss. Ed Dimon, Esq 732-797-1600

Report Abuse
When should you hire taxation lawyers? Tax attorneys can assist individuals and businesses in a number of situations. Start-up businesses should talk to a tax lawyer to understand the tax implication of various business structures. Companies should also seek legal counsel on issues related to payroll taxes, sales taxes, use taxes and international tax issues. Individuals and couples can benefit from a tax lawyer's advice when engaged in estate planning, if you may have committed tax fraud, or if you're facing an Internal Revenue Service (IRS) or state tax audit.
Have an Taxation Question?
It’s Free & Easy.
Ask a Lawyer
Top Contributing Lawyers
Mark Tischhauser, Esq.

Attorney - Florida

336 Answers, 19 Legal Topics

Patrick Johnson

Attorney - Tennessee

240 Answers, 46 Legal Topics

Michael D. Siegel

Attorney - New York

174 Answers, 26 Legal Topics

Bruce Robins

Attorney - New York

99 Answers, 9 Legal Topics

Anthony John Van Zwaren, Esq.

Attorney - New Jersey

93 Answers, 18 Legal Topics

Mr. Max L. Rosenberg

Attorney - Connecticut

88 Answers, 34 Legal Topics

Lori Nevias

Attorney - New York

69 Answers, 26 Legal Topics

Have a legal question?
Get answers from local attorneys.
It's free and easy.
Ask a Lawyer
Do It Yourself Legal Forms

Popular Forums