> Discuss Your Legal Issue > Ask a Lawyer > Taxation > Should I charge nj sales tax for services?

Should I charge nj sales tax for services?

1 Answers. Asked on May 19th, 2017 on Taxation - New Jersey
More details to this question:
Hello, Should I charge sales tax to my clients in NJ if I am offering wedding photography and videography services? Also if I am registered LLC in NJ, am I allowed to shoot weddings outside of NJ? Thanks in advance.
Answers Showing 1 out of 1
Answered on May 20th, 2017 at 1:34 PM

You can work outside NJ. I would check with your accountant on the taxes. For personal services, there are no taxes. 

Report Abuse
When should you hire taxation lawyers? Tax attorneys can assist individuals and businesses in a number of situations. Start-up businesses should talk to a tax lawyer to understand the tax implication of various business structures. Companies should also seek legal counsel on issues related to payroll taxes, sales taxes, use taxes and international tax issues. Individuals and couples can benefit from a tax lawyer's advice when engaged in estate planning, if you may have committed tax fraud, or if you're facing an Internal Revenue Service (IRS) or state tax audit.
Have an Taxation Question?
It’s Free & Easy.
Ask a Lawyer
Top Contributing Lawyers
Mark Tischhauser, Esq.

Attorney - Florida

325 Answers, 20 Legal Topics

Patrick Johnson

Attorney - Tennessee

223 Answers, 44 Legal Topics

Michael D. Siegel

Attorney - New York

183 Answers, 25 Legal Topics

Anthony John Van Zwaren, Esq.

Attorney - New Jersey

107 Answers, 19 Legal Topics

Lori Nevias

Attorney - New York

74 Answers, 27 Legal Topics

Mr. Max L. Rosenberg

Attorney - Connecticut

69 Answers, 33 Legal Topics

Bruce Robins

Attorney - New York

65 Answers, 9 Legal Topics

Have a legal question?
Get answers from local attorneys.
It's free and easy.
Ask a Lawyer
Do It Yourself Legal Forms

Popular Forums